Visit a Magical Place Where the Forest Meets the Sea...
Experience a holiday in a natural paradise, just 40 minutes from Victoria, BC, on Vancouver Island. Comfort Cove Seaside Cottage, a peaceful oceanfront haven, is a bright and welcoming vacation rental located in beautiful East Sooke, an area known for its lush forests and gorgeous ocean vistas. This cozy 1100 square foot Sooke cottage is an ideal spot to relax and leave the demands of daily life behind you.
Enjoy the inspiring views of the picturesque Sooke Basin from this captivating oceanfront property with its own private dock. Swim, watch the wildlife, explore the fascinating sea life at low tide, or just relax. This charming self-catering cottage for rent is tucked away in a beautiful & natural park-like setting. Perched on a hill, Comfort Cove Cottage offers breathtaking views from its many large windows! The cottage is only rented to one party at a time, so you will have complete privacy.
This tranquil Sooke waterfront cottage is perfect for:
- Romantic getaways - quiet, private, with astounding views!
- A vacation with the family pet - fully fenced with lots of room to explore.
- Kayakers and boaters - the protected Sooke Basin is wonderful for paddling and boating.
- Fishermen (and women) - Vancouver Island is home to some great fishing! Local charters specialize in salmon.
- Birdwatchers - many types of birds frequent the area, from tiny hummingbirds to the majestic eagle.
- Hikers & cyclists - you are surrounded by superb trails.
- Nature lovers - meander through lush forests and marvel at the ocean vistas.
- Photographers - the scenery is simply spectacular. East Sooke is called "Nature's Gallery" for good reason!
Comfort Cove Seaside Cottage has three levels and sleeps 3-4 comfortably, and up to a maximum of 6 people (see floor plan).
Main Level: You will enter the cottage on the main level. Turn your head and be greeted with a wall of windows that showcase the amazing views! The main level includes:
- A cozy bedroom with a comfortable double bed
- Bathroom with tub and shower
- Fully-equipped kitchen with stove, fridge, microwave, and coffee maker
- Living room and dining area with large windows overlooking the waterfront
- Cable TV, DVD player, and selection of books & movies.
- Sliding doors lead out to the deck.
- Electric base board heating.
Upper Floor: The upper level is where the master bedroom is located. The views will take your breath away when you walk into this room! The upper level is where you will find:
- The master bedroom, outfitted with a luxurious king-size bed.
- Astonishing views! Guests walk in and are swept away by the view. Snuggle in bed and watch the wildlife and scenery.
- Watch the spectacular sunrises from the comfort of your bed while you slowly awaken to a new day.
- Ensuite bathroom with toilet and sink.
- A sitting room is located across the hall from the master bedroom.
- Electric base board heating.
Lower Level: The lower floor offers a second living room, or can be used as a bedroom for those that desire extra privacy. It includes:
- A double pull-out sofabed.
- Woodburning stove (used for heat).
- The washer & dryer.
Around the Cottage:
- A large parking area located in front of the cottage can comfortably accommodate 3 cars.
- The private dock is a great place to hang out on a sunny day.
- Relax with a good book at the lovely waterfront seating area, complete with a firepit (use is subject to fire regulations at the time of your stay). Or sit and watch the wildlife! The beautiful benches were handcrafted by a local woodworking artisan.
- The deck offers a small patio set, a wonderful spot to enjoy your morning coffee while breathing in the fresh morning air and the views.
- A picnic table is located at the back of the cottage.
- For maximum privacy, the cottage property is fully fenced, with the exception of the waterfront.
Comfort Cove Cottage is well equipped for your comfort.
- Bedding and linens are provided (including 4 large beach towels).
- Kitchen is stocked with dishes, cutlery, and pots & pans.
- Refrigerator, stove, and microwave.
- A Weber charcoal BBQ is available for your use.
- Free local calls.
- Free high-speed wireless internet access (you will need your own computer and wireless card).
- 32" LCD TV with cable, plus a Blu-ray player.
- iPhone / iPod docking station.
- Small library of movies, books, magazines, and board games.
- Washer & dryer.
Items you will need to bring include: clothing, personal items, toiletries, a calling card for long-distance calls, and food (there are grocery stores on the way to the cottage, as well as in the town of Sooke).